Humber Nurseries Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, ie. Accessible washroom, Humber Nurseries Ltd. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the inside front cash.
Training for Staff
Humber Nurseries Ltd. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Supervisors, office staff, cashiers, red caps, landscapers, delivery drivers and sales staff. Training for new staff will be provided upon hiring a new employee.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Humber Nurseries Ltd. plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use and assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Humber Nurseries Ltd.’s good and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Humber Nurseries Ltd. provides goods and services to people with disabilities may do so by email, using suggestion box, or verbally provide feedback. All feedback will be directed to JR Peters, Operations Manager. Customers can expect to hear back in 3 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint procedures.
Modifications to this or Other Policies
Any policy of Humber Nurseries Ltd. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.